Why You Should Choose a Clear Braces Teeth Straightening Treatment
Clear braces have a lot in common with traditional metal braces, but they are not as visible on the teeth like their metallic counterparts. Clear braces are also made up of brackets and wires, but instead of metals being used to make these components, ceramic brackets and transparent/tooth-colored wires are used.
A large number of people opt for ceramic braces over metal braces mainly because of how they blend in with the patient's teeth, making them hard to detect. These oral appliances are the way to go when patients want straighter teeth without having to feel self-conscious about having a mouth full of metal wires and brackets.
Reasons to choose clear braces
Here are some of the reasons why people who need teeth straightening treatments might prefer to use ceramic braces over metal braces:
- Ceramic clear braces provide a discreet way to improve the alignment of teeth. The ceramic used to make the brackets can be color-matched with the patient's real teeth, thus making them invisible.
- Clear braces lead to faster results compared to clear aligners. The average length of treatment with ceramic braces is somewhere between 18 to 36 months.
- Ceramic braces can fix a wider range of orthodontic issues. Other discreet ways to straighten teeth like clear aligners are only effective when the patient's poor teeth alignment is being caused by the position of their teeth.
- Clear braces can be customized with any colors the patient wants. It can be converted into a fashion accessory. Metal braces are only available in metallic silver or gray.
- Ceramic braces do not disrupt the signals used for imaging tests. Metallic braces are known to do that.
While clear braces provide significantly better aesthetics than metal braces, there are some noteworthy drawbacks patients should be aware of before proceeding with treatment. These include:
- On average, clear braces are slightly more expensive than metal braces.
- Ceramic braces are more likely to lead to gum sensitivity due to their brackets being larger than those that come with metal braces. These larger ceramic brackets make it harder to clean teeth, increasing the risk of receding or swollen gums.
- Clear braces are not as durable as metal braces. These oral appliances are more likely to become damaged over the course of the patient's treatment.
- The process of removing clear braces after treatment can damage the tooth's enamel.
- Treatment with clear braces often takes longer than with metal braces. This is mostly due to ceramic braces needing more repairs during the course of the patient's treatment.
- Ceramic clear braces can become stained by the tannins in foods and beverages like coffee and pasta sauce.
Explore options like ceramic braces
Clear braces are a great way to straighten teeth if all of the permanent teeth have erupted and are mostly done growing. This reduces the odds of the appliance breaking due to the growth of teeth.
Reach out today to learn more or to get started.
Request an appointment here: https://www.belairdentalassociates.com or call Belair Dental Associates at (706) 426-5520 for an appointment in our Evans office.
Check out what others are saying about our services on Yelp: Read our Yelp reviews.
Cosmetic dental services can help improve the color of your teeth. Teeth start white, but they pick up stains as a person's life goes on. Some of these stains come from the coloring agents in the foods and beverages that we consume, while habits like using tobacco products cause others.Teeth can also become discolored as…
You can have a smile makeover if you want to improve your smile. Talking to your dentist about your goals can create a good treatment plan. Your dentist can transform your smile with the right procedures. If you want to know more about the smile makeover treatments available, here are the details.This smile makeover can…
Cosmetic dental services can help treat issues like misshapen teeth. The condition can be caused by health issues like congenital syphilis, Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, Creveld syndrome, and cerebral palsy. Genetic factors can also cause it. Cosmetic dental services can be used to improve the shape of your tooth, regardless of the reason that it is abnormally…
Are you considering cosmetic dental services to enhance your smile? Some people may think that cosmetic treatments are only about appearances. However, many cosmetic dental services are functional and cosmetic. Having straight teeth and an aligned bite can improve your smile in more than just appearance.Over the years, modern cosmetic dentistry has expanded to include…